Monday 27 June 2016

He's Still in the Picture, Sort of...

My husband and I have been together for 31 years.  He's a terrific guy.  Really.  So when I started this blog, I pretty much forced him to read every post with the full expectation that he would do his duty and tell me it was great.  His response?

"You make it sound like you live alone with the dog."

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned him.  I know I said he likes burritos.  So I browsed back through a few hundred pics of the dog, yarn, and knitting projects to the last picture I took of him to share with you.  Here it is:


Oh dear.  But, OMG look at that puppy!


That, by the way, is the newest member of our family.  She is my sister's puppy, Shelby, and she is perfect.

So I scrolled back a little more and finally found this pic from our trip to Alaska six years ago.


Despite the fact that I apparently only take really bad pictures of him approximately every six years, he is still very much in the picture!

But the blog is called "Knitting with my Dog," so I think it's pretty clear that he's not going to have a starring role.  Doesn't mean I don't love him and love doing things with him.  It just means that I am a fully formed adult who also has fully formed separate interests.  If he wants to be a star, he will have to write his own blog called "Riding my Motorcycle and Starting Another Project Around the House."

And just so you don't think that I have forgotten my priorities, here is a picture of me knitting with my dog.  On a boat.



We (my husband, my dog, and I) spent a beautiful weekend at a friend's cottage near North Bay in Northern Ontario. Such a peaceful and gorgeous setting.  It's the kind of cottage I like.  It's a cottage, not a luxurious house.  It's a little rustic.  There is indoor plumbing but no television.  


But the outdoors is the focus.  Its rugged and rocky and situated high above a beautiful quiet lake and you want to spend all your time out there just soaking it all in.



And the only responsibility you have all weekend is to throw this stick into the lake for this dog. Over and over and over.......



It was a great weekend with great friends.  Thanks McAllister Family!  

Tomorrow, we'll get back to the knitting!



3 comments:

  1. Love the photos of the cottage! It was great to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun weekend, Donna! That dog is very photogenic!

    ReplyDelete